The Diploma in Clinical Medical Sciences General for COG is an affiliated programme of the Levy Mwanawasa Medical University. The Diploma in Clinical Medical Sciences General is a clinical skills and community-based training programme aiming to producing graduates capable of providing basic essential medical care and management at primary health care level. The COG programme is a three-year programme with a focus on common health problems.
The programme prepares graduates to bring medical care as close to the family as possible by providing basic health care services to a cross section of the Zambian population. On completion of the programme, graduates are awarded a Diploma in Clinical Medical Sciences General. The graduates are registered with the Health Professions Council of Zambia (HPCZ) as COGs. The COG programme is structured in a way that allows infusion of both theory and clinical training activities for students. The practical sessions are at the ends of the first semester of year one, second semester of year one and the second semester of year two. Students undertake these clinical attachments at appropriately selected health facilities.
LOCAL AND INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS CAN APPLY
The minimum entry requirements for applicants into the programme is; FIVE (5) O level credits or better for the Zambia General Certificate of education or its equivalent as follows.
- English Language
- ANY science subject (biology, physics or Chemistry, Agriculture science or Combined science
- ANY other two subjects
- NO age limit.
Welcome to the International Students Office (ISO) at Glory Academy College Zambia. The ISO serves all incoming and currently enrolled international students at the Institute. The ISO assists students in maintaining their legal status in Zambia and promotes interaction with and integration into the community at large.
As an international student, we are your home away from home. We will help you with application for your study permit. All you need is to provide the requirements listed below.
REQUIREMENT FOR INTERNATIONAL APPLICANTS
- O’level Original Certificate and certified Copies
- A Letter to confirm sponsorship directed to DIRECTOR GENERAL OF Immigration (to be provided by Sponsor, Guardian or Parent)
- Study Permit Application fee K6 995.00
- ECZ Translation of results K1,400.00 per copy.
- Letter of confirmation of O’ level results from former school head or examination board that you sat.
- Two Passport Size Photos
- Police Clearance from Respective Country
- Certified Copy Of The Passport Picture side and last stamped page
- Cover Letter to the DIRECTOR GENERAL OF IMMIGRATION (To be written by the student)
- Medical Report and Chest x-ray –@ Zambian Government Hospital K200.00 (+26096 2 514 343)
- SADC National Registration Card allien. K400.