Why study Health and Social Care with us?
You’ll be studying with one of the largest and most innovative providers of educational opportunities and learning solutions in the health and social care sector. For over 5 years, we have been delivering supported and open distance learning in this field, creating highly-respected materials for use across this fast-changing industry.
The benefits of studying health and social care with us are:
- Earn while you learn – our flexible study is designed to fit around your work and home life.
- We work with employers, including the ministry of health, social services and the voluntary sector, providing qualifications that meet their changing needs.
- You’ll gain a broad understanding of the diverse practices, settings and influential factors that make up and effect this sector.
- We offer a wide-range of courses, whatever your level of experience or interest. Just choose what is right for you.
Careers in Health and Social care
Health and social care services are changing – care is increasingly complex with new challenges including management of continuity of care, long term conditions, rehabilitation, dementia and end-of-life care. Studying for a qualification with The Open University can open up career opportunities for you in this growing sector.
Our range of courses in health and social care can help you start or progress your career as a:
- Healthcare practitioner
- Youth worker
- Registered Care Manager
- Charity Officer
If you’d like to become a Registered Nurse or Social Worker, you’ll need to study our Health and Social Care program. These courses provide you with an accredited route to qualify to work in these fields.
Take advantage of part-time study while you gain on-the-job experience in the sector. Studying health and social care with the Glory Academy has a flexible, step-on/step-off model that allows progression and development when it’s most convenient for you.
LOCAL AND INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS CAN APPLY
The minimum entry requirements for applicants into the programme is; FIVE (5) O level credits or better for the Zambia General Certificate of education or its equivalent as follows.
- English Language
- ANY science subject (biology, physics or Chemistry, Agriculture science or Combined science
- ANY other two subjects
- NO age limit.
Welcome to the International Students Office (ISO) at Glory Academy College Zambia. The ISO serves all incoming and currently enrolled international students at the Institute. The ISO assists students in maintaining their legal status in Zambia and promotes interaction with and integration into the community at large.
As an international student, we are your home away from home. We will help you with application for your study permit. All you need is to provide the requirements listed below.
REQUIREMENT FOR INTERNATIONAL APPLICANTS
- O’level Original Certificate and certified Copies
- A Letter to confirm sponsorship directed to DIRECTOR GENERAL OF Immigration (to be provided by Sponsor, Guardian or Parent)
- Study Permit Application fee K6 995.00
- ECZ Translation of results K1,400.00 per copy.
- Letter of confirmation of O’ level results from former school head or examination board that you sat.
- Two Passport Size Photos
- Police Clearance from Respective Country
- Certified Copy Of The Passport Picture side and last stamped page
- Cover Letter to the DIRECTOR GENERAL OF IMMIGRATION (To be written by the student)
- Medical Report and Chest x-ray –@ Zambian Government Hospital K200.00 (+26096 2 514 343)
- SADC National Registration Card allien. K400.